Friday 12 July 2013

Easy and light savoury Muffins





It had been ages since I'd baked muffins, but I hate oiling the molds and cleaning them...but I decided it was time to get back to it. So I surfed the internet to find a nice silicon mold! Bingo! I found the most awesome molds ever. As you can see they are individual. They can also be bent on the line in the middle to make tartelettes! Super awesome! The big plus of these molds is that when you take them out of the oven, you turn them over and the muffin just slides out by itself, leaving a super clean mold! I will reassure you, I still clean them every time.

                                                                                                                                                         
                                

So yesterday night, when I was wondering what to have for diner, I thought "why not bake savoury muffins?", and I took out whatever I had in the fridge to put in my basic muffin paste.


My very basic and super easy muffin recipe, is for light muffins.

Ingredients:

1 cup of 250mL of flour
1tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
2eggs
250mL milk
20g melted butter


Pre-heat oven at 190°C.
Mix all the dry ingredients together.


Mix eggs and milk then add the butter.
Then add whatever you want in the egg mixture. I put mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers and feta, topped with grated cheese. Also add herbs and chilli powder if you like. I usually put a lot of ingredients, because I like them full of veggies and cheese, but you can put less of course.


Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix.

Leave in oven for about 15 minutes, until nice and brown.
                                            
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            


1 comment: